CURRENT OPENINGS FOR 2013-14 SCHOOL YEAR
San Carlos Charter Learning Center is currently accepting resumes for the following position for the 2013-14 school year:
Special Education Learning Specialist --- Part Time (.60 FTE)
Under the supervision of the Director of Learner Services and Special Education, the Resource Educator provides instruction, services, consultation, coordination, planning, curricular resources, evaluation and remediation for learners with exceptional needs. These may include all classifications of special education students whose Individualized Education Program (IEP) requires academic support.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provide direct instruction and services for learners whose needs were identified in a written IEP developed by the IEP team and who are assigned to regular classroom educators for a majority of the school day.
2. Utilize assessment results in developing IEP goals and objectives.
3. Identify and utilize special materials and teaching strategies pertinent to individual learner and staff needs.
4. Prescribe and implement behavior management techniques as appropriate.
5. Provide appropriate activities and opportunities to enhance development of a positive self -concept and self advocacy skills.
6. Coordinate the IEPs of learners with special needs with classroom educators.
7. Maintain and complete records, individual data, reports, etc., that may be required by the school, state and/or federal policies or regulations.
8. Serve as a member or case manager of the IEP team, the Learner Support Team and other appropriate school committees.
9. Provide consultation and/or inservice to other school staff and parents which may relate to learner assessment, specialized instruction, management and guidance.
10. Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with all other school personnel, parents, and other agencies.
Qualifications: Valid California teaching credential: Multiple Subject and Learning Handicapped, Educational Specialist Instruction Credential (Mild/Moderate), Resource Specialist Certificate or authorization, CLAD or BCLAD or equivalent, No Child Left Behind compliant
Knowledge of: Curriculum for learning challenged and deficient learners, Special Education practices regarding eligibility and placement, diagnostic and standardized test administration and interpretation, operation of a computer and assigned software
Experience with: Assessment, collaborative teaching strategies, case management processes, differentiated instruction, behavioral strategies
Ability to: Perform a variety of professional duties to assist with Special Education students, administer and interpret diagnostic and standardized tests, communicate and coordinate activities with classroom educators and outside agencies, prioritize and schedule work, meet deadlines, work collaboratively, maintain confidentiality, maintain records and prepare reports
For email submissions, please indicate on the subject line the specific position you are interested in. All documents should be in ONE PDF document only. EMAIL SUBMISSIONS STRONGLY PREFERRED. NO FAXES, PLEASE
Or, please mail your professional materials to:
Lynette Hovland, Director of Learner Services
San Carlos Charter Learning Center
750 Dartmouth Ave.
San Carlos, CA 94070
Please NO Fax Submissions